Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gravity and Kumquats

Today was my last day of school before summer break and I can honestly say I've not had a better one. The only actual work I had to do was very quick and not difficult, and I got to hang out with Rainy and her boyfriend in the library up until the very last bell. But that's not even the best part. After school let out I went to lunch with my mother, at Mimi's Cafe. It was delicious, and I had the corn chowder which I am obsessed with, but once again, that's not the best part. When we got back I was very sleepy and decided I would take a nap. So I crawled into bed and went to sleep. (Note: I have recently become quite lazy when it comes to putting on pajamas before I get in bed, and this time was unfortunately no exception.) I slept for about three hours when my mother came into the room. She started doing something on the floor right in front of the door and I asked, oh so politely, "Mom, what the hell are you doing?" to which she responded, "There was this pen..on the floor..I was just picking stuff up I guess." I decided the number of fucks I gave was zero, and I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Later I heard my bedroom door open again, and I was about to say, "What now, Mom?" when I opened my eyes and realized that the person standing was most decidedly not my mother. It was Jimr. My mouth dropped open a bit and I'm sure my eyes bugged out in THE most attractive way possible, and I was suddenly hyper-aware of the fact that under my blanket I was only wearing my underwear. "Hi!" he said. "Uh...hi," I stammered. "Um..could you please excuse me for a sec?" He agreed and left the room. I jumped out of bed a quickly shut the door behind him, rushing to throw on the first pair of pajamas I could find. I then raced out to the living room where he left to and proceeded to greet him a little more properly. "Surprise!" my mom said, telling me she was going to invite him to lunch but this worked out better for him. "'Surprise' is right," I said. Then Jimr and I had lovely evening :D (Phone me, please, if you'd like more details :P) and he and my mom made this the best last day of school I've ever had (though it definitely had its embarassing moment, haha). So thank you guys. Now! The Of The Days!: Quote: "Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." -Albert Einstein. And today's picture:
I took this on the homeschool campout last weekend and I am soo proud :D And finally, the word: Kumquat- any of several small yellow to orange citrus fruits with sweet spongy rind and somewhat acid pulp that are used chiefly for preserves. Love, Colours. (P.S. Jimr showing up was the best part :B)

No comments:

Post a Comment